“Personal information collected by Parenting Way, Inc. is for the primary purpose of maintaining family records, demographics, attendance and numbers served as required by federal, state, county, city and foundation grant and financial award entities. Additional information obtained through Evaluation and Outcome Measurement procedures is for the purpose of assessing program and service effectiveness and reporting successful achievement of project results. All personal information is maintained in a secure location and is not released is any identifiable form.”
- Parenting Way, Inc.
- Has applied for IRS 501 (c) 3 Exemption as a nonprofit human services agency for the charitable purposes of educating parents for the health, safety and success of children and youth in the state of Iowa.
- Is governed by a Board of Directors and Sub committees and will apply for membership in the Iowa Non Profit Charitable Organization Association.
- Parenting Way, Inc.
- Provides child and family services without regard to any persons’ age, race, gender, economic status, nationality, ability or sexual orientation. We continually strive toward inclusiveness and stand against all forms of discrimination.
- Provides child and family services using methods and data keeping that ensures anonymity and confidential maintenance of records for all individuals.
- Collection of Personal Information
- Parenting Way, Inc. understands that participants and families may have concerns about their privacy and the confidentiality and security of information that Parenting Way, Inc. may obtain about them.
- Parenting Way, Inc. policy is to protect participants’ privacy and personal information that is collected both at onset of receipt of services and any additional information that may be divulged or given during the course of receiving ongoing services.
- Parenting Way, Inc. complies with the requirements of the Privacy Act, 1988 and the National Privacy Principles included in the Privacy Act Amendment Act, 2000.
- Personal information is collected by Parenting Way, Inc. for the purposes of maintaining family records, demographics, attendance and numbers served as required by federal, state, county, city and foundation grant and financial award entities. Parenting Way, Inc. also collects details such as name, address, telephone and fax numbers, email addresses and any other emergency contact information.
- Hard copies containing individuals’ intake information and program participation details are retained in a secure location in accordance with the act and for a further seven years in accordance with current Federal and State legislation governing document retention, before being destroyed, and then only if the individual is no longer participating in Parenting Way, Inc. programs and services.
- What if You Do Not Provide the Personal Information We Require?
- Failure or refusal to provide the information sought to best serve a child or family’s needs may not enable the organization to give appropriate services and work toward achievement of goals and objectives. Additionally, Parenting Way, Inc. will not be able to release any information to other entities or verify participation without this provision. Every effort will be made to assure participants’ on confidentiality exercised and maintained by Parenting Way, Inc.
- Request for information is not a mandatory requirement of program participation.
- How Does Parenting Way, Inc. Secure Your Personal Information?
- To prevent any unauthorized access to your information, Parenting Way, Inc. has installed computer and network security, encryption for all data, password protection processes, anti spyware and firewalls. Only staff authorized by the Executive Director and/or Board President has access to the data file information.
- Hard copies of any information are stored in secured areas, locked offices and locked files.
- To Whom Do We Disclose Your Personal Information?
- A participant’s personal information will only be used or disclosed by Parenting Way, Inc. as allowed by the Privacy Act, 1988 and the National Privacy Principles included in the Privacy Act Amendment Act, 2000.
- To facilitate Parenting Way, Inc. delivering better services and program benefits to children and families, information may be shared with referring entities or juvenile court related cases, but then only with expressed, written, endorsed and witnessed Release of Information Document.
- All participant information gathered for data records is maintained in a password protected database and individuals are encoded as a number, without any reference to name or personal information identifiable to that individual.
- Withdrawing Your Consent
- If you do not consent to any of the disclosures above, you can advise Parenting Way, Inc. at its office address: 1211 Vine Street, Suite 2140, West Des Moines, IA 50265 or contact Parenting Way, Inc. by telephone at 515-255-9490.
- Parenting Way, Inc. will then ensure that your personal information is not used for any purposes stated above. This exemption may not apply when Parenting Way, Inc. is required by law to provide such disclosure.
- If you do not object to the uses or disclosures above, Parenting Way, Inc. will accept this as having received your express consent.
- What if You Wish to Access Your Personal Information
- Participants may, upon written request, access the personal information Parenting Way, Inc. has obtained from Intake Forms and any related documentation that it currently holds. To the extent possible, Parenting Way, Inc. will let you access your personal information. However, there may be times where the organization is not in a position to do so (ex. Where it would be unlawful to do so). If Parenting Way, Inc. denies you access to this information, Parenting Way, Inc. will notify you of this refusal and the basis for it.
- What if you wish to Lodge a Complaint?
- For any purpose associated with privacy matters including the lodgment of a complaint, Parenting Way, Inc. can be contacted at its office at 515-255-9490. Your call will be directed to the Board Officer or Chief Executive Officer appointed to deal with enquiries or complaints.
By using this web site, I provide my consent for Parenting Way, Inc. to collect, use and disclose my personal information as outlined above. I understand that I am entitled to access my own records except where access would be denied as outlined above.